- Ballynahinch Congregational
Gary and Christa Baxter visit Midweek meeting
Gary and Christa Baxter, serving with O.M. were our visiting missionaries on 3rd July. They spent 2 years on board Logos Hope and have been home now for one year. Gary has now been appointed Youth Development Officer for O.M.
Christa, a Primary School teacher, has been subbing this past year. She shared with us the highs and lows of setting up home and settling back into life on land, after being so long at sea, living in a cabin.
Although Christa is praying for a permanent post, she has enjoyed teaching children from a deprived area in North Belfast, some of whom are shown very little love and have a tough life. She is so glad to be able to get alongside these children and show them love and care. It has been so rewarding to see them showing trust in their teacher.
Gary has been busy in the past year and as a result of deputation meetings 26 young people have volunteered for short term mission work with O.M.
He also told us about his recent trip to Zambia and his experience on Lake Tanganyika with local missionaries and students having Bible study on the boat at night by torch light, then fishing and encouraging the folk to reach out and become Fishers of Men.
He also had the joy of attending the Love Africa Conference which was attended by around 6000 people.
Gary and Christa request prayer for:
1. God’s leading in their lives for future service.
2. Training, Evangelism and Outreach Classes.
3. Gary’s health issues
4. A permanent teaching position for Christa.
5. A big matter for prayer: That the proposed visit of Logos Hope to the port of Belfast in 2020 will go ahead, and that the ship will be granted a berth where essential maintenance can be carried out, people be welcomed aboard, but more importantly that the teams will be able to reach out into the city and many surrounding areas with the good news of the Gospel.